Friday, December 5, 2014

Famous Last, Famous Last Words (Week 15)

For this last famous last words assignment, I decided to have it as somewhat as a smorgasbord of all the different topics.  Also I threw in another pic of my cat because why not?

Skippy stuck in a empty pop case.  Personal Photo from December 2014

Your best writing for this class.
I felt like this last storybook was one of my better writings for this class.  After I had gone and looked at my older storybook assignments, it felt like as the semester progressed, each story I had put in there became more and more of my own.  For example, I felt like my first two entries were more of me copying and pasting my narrator into the situation whereas I felt like my last two were a bit more personal.

Other people's writing.
When I went through everyone else's storybooks for the last internet assignment, I was a little disheartened because all of the entries I had enjoyed earlier on didn't complete their storybooks.  I think out of the four or five storybooks that I frequented usually, just two really finished their assignment.  And both of those two that finished, one of them hastily drew their conclusion together and the other one, although he had all of his entries in, said that he was going to conclude his story in another entry.  I know that my storybook isn't perfect, but I wish that people at least saw their storybook through to the end.

Your other classes.
This week has been pretty frustrating for me at school because I've had three finals this week.  I know that instructors try to spread things out so we don't have everything within the same couple days but it didn't work out.  Now all I have is one exam Monday morning and then I am done.

Outside of school.
Not much is really going on, but of course I had to watch the Peter Pan Live! deal with Christopher Walken as Captain Hook.  It was wonderfully terrible.  Also, I saw a movie trailer for a new Disney Movie called  Into the Woods that reminds me of something that we would read in here.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I had to say YES to that cat picture, ha ha. Too funny! CocaColaCat!

    And about the Storybooks: have no fear! The end of the semester is INSANE, and it's totally cool with me if people add that last story to their Storybook any time... the real value of the Storybooks right now is not so much for current students (very few people have been reading Storybooks and commenting for the past couple of weeks, just a few people really)... the real value is going to happen next semester and next year as people begin exploring the Storybooks next time around! So I shamelessly do track people down and ask them to finish their Storybook even if it did not happen right now in the crazy end-of-semester. The web is a very flexible space like that... thank goodness! We need all the flexibility we can get to cope with the craziness of the school calendar.

    So, thank you again for your fabulous Storybook in this class... I am so excited to have a project to share that shows how it's possible to bring stories from totally different traditions into a new united story space. So cool... and I hope it can inspire similar experiments in the future!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete