Monday, November 17, 2014

Reading Diary Week 14: Brothers Grimm (Hunt)


Hansel and Grethel- I always thought that Hansel and Grethel used breadcrumbs to find their way but I like this version.  If they were starving though why didn't they try to catch the animals in the woods since they said there were animals?  Also, Hansel's plan isn't brilliant because even if they do make it back then what?
Hansel and Grethel (cont.)- Why didn't Hansel just use the rock technique again?
Hansel and Grethel (cont. again)- So the witch built a house to lure children in the middle of the woods?  Are these woods teeming with children?  The characters in these stories aren't that bright.  I will say that Hansel is by far the brightest though.
Hansel and Grethel (end)- I liked the ending, it had a nice conclusion.  What does the last sentence mean though?  It reminds me of something Jesus might say to confuse people.
Thumbling- This is a pretty interesting story, it reminds me of Tom Thumb or whatever that story is; I bet that this was the original.
Thumbling (cont)- I feel like Thumbling is going to piss off a lot of people with his antics and get in trouble.
Thumbling (end)- I like how these Grimm stories come full circle.  It seemed with some of the other stories it would end up in weird places.
Allerleirauh- A very weird premise for a story, it reminds me of a creepier, incestuous version of Arabian Nights.
Allerleirauh (cont)- What would come from putting a ring inside the soup?
Allerleirauh (end)-  Why didn't Allerleirauh just say who she was?  I get playing hard to get but this was just weird, almost like she was forced into marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment